SUMMIT KARAKORAM PAKISTAN. KOLPIN PEAK EXPEDITION 2019
KOLPIN PEAK : Location: Nangmah Valley, Karakoram Range, Pakistan:
KOLPIN PEAK height is probably 6000m which is one of the wall hung in the surroundings it is an impressive wall located in a remote valley of the Karakoram, Its technical snag makes appealing to adventure lovers. The Korean Kolpin team travel with Team Summit Karakoram and has introduced in summer 2018 where they took name as KOLPIN PEAK. Only a day or two will be required to arrange things in Islamabad to start your journey into the mountains, in these two days one can put together all the paper work in Islamabad. Later continue your journey to Skardu by Air or by road in case of flight cancellation, which is subject to weather. There are several interesting Un-Climbed and No-Name Peaks in the valley from 5000m to 6000ms. One can see many popular peaks in the valley such as "K-6, Changi Tower, Great Tower, Chona-nono, Ibrahim Brakk, Green Tower I, II, III, Fata Brakk, Brakk Zang, Danbor I, II, III etc.
Foreign instructors and people from Northern Areas of Pakistan used to come in Nangma Valley for Rock & Ice Climbing and Mountain Rescue Training to the local Sherpas, Climbers and Trekkers.
Summit Karakoram offers Rock & Ice Climbing and Mountain Rescue training courses for Schools, Colleges, and Universities throughout Pakistan.
|01||Arrive Islamabad international airport & transfer to Hotel ||Hotel|
|02||Fly to Skardu via PK451 or drive from Islamabad – Chilas ||Hotel|
|03||Skardu sightseeing Or Drive from Chilas – Skardu ||Hotel|
|04||Drive from Skardu – Kanday ||Camping|
|05||Trek from Kanday – Mingulo Broq ||Camping|
|06||Trek Mingulo Broq – Kolpin peak base camp||Camping|
|07||Climbing Period ( DAY 6-20) Camping||Camping|
|20||Trek back from Kolpin Peak base camp – Mingulo Broq ||Camping|
|21||Trek back from Mingulo Broq - Kanday ||Camping|
|22||Drive from Kanday - Skardu ||Hotel|
|23||Fly to Islamabad via PK452 or drive from Skardu – Chilas||Hotel|
|24||Islamabad sightseeing or drive from Chilas – Islamabad ||Hotel|
|25||Islamabad sightseeing or drive from Chilas – Islamabad ||Fly Out|
• All Airport pick and drop
• Both ways air fare between Islamabad – Gilgit – Islamabad.
• Transportation briefing, debriefing and sightseeing.
• Transportation between Islamabad – chilas – Skardu -Kanday
• Three nights’ Accommodation, twin bed room in Islamabad (bed & breakfast)
• Two nights in Chilas Hotel with full board.
• Three nights in Skardu with full board.
• Local staff Wages, insurance, food and equipment.
• Low porters to carry expedition and trekking equipment, foods.
• Way up 50kg each climbing members.
• Way down 25kg each climbing members.
• All trekking and base camp foods.
• Comfortable members tent, Mess tent, Kitchen tent, store tent, office tent, table, chairs & kitchen utensils.
• Assistance for Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
• All Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing fee.
• Low Porters Equipment’s.
• Documentation & climbing permit
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
• Member international flight tickets
• Helicopter emergency rescue fees (refundable after deduction of service charge U$D 300/-) it is now US$15000/-
• Members any climbing gears
• Member personal insurance
• High altitude tent
• High altitude food
• High altitude porter
• Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
• Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
• Custom clearing charges (import and export of equipment's)
• Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days basses.
• Trekking members and climbing member will come together. If any/some member split during the period then there extra expenses will be charged according to normal price
1. JACKETS:-Polar fleece jacket (wool sweater may be used but not recommended). Windproof / waterproof breathable jacket Gore tex or similar. Down jacket (optional but may be very useful during the cold nights and for trekking or mountaineering trips).
2. PANTS:- Regular pants (better if they can transform to shorts). Polar fleece pants (optional but may be useful during the cold nights and for trekking or mountaineering trips).
3. UNDERWEAR. Long top and bottom (synthetic mid weight thermal underwear better).
4. SOCKS. Regular cotton socks. Thick wool socks recommended for trekking or mountaineering trips
5. SHIRT. Long sleeve shirts recommended; in the highlands prevent from sunburn (also helpful when traveling to the jungle to avoid being bitten by mosquitoes).
6. FOOT WEAR. Lightweight boots or shoes for regular traveling.
7. HAT. Polar fleece headband, wool hat, or balaclava for the night, and sun hat with brim for the day.
8. GLOVES. Thin gloves for regular traveling. Other clothing. Bathing suit and bandanas are optional but may be useful.
9. PLASTIC BOOTS. Recommended for mountaineering trips on glaciers and above 6,000m (20,000ft), make sure they fit your crampons and do not hurt your feet.
10. LEATHER BOOTS. Recommended for short mountaineering trips usually below 6,000m (20,000ft). They are also good for "Trekking peak" trips to high volcanoes.
11. CRAMPONS. 12-point automatic crampons with protective bag recommended.
12. GAITERS. Useful for trekking trips as well. • Ice axe. Long glacier Ice Axe recommended for most of our climbing trips. Two short tools are recommended for technical climbs.
13. HARNESSES. Sportive sit harnesses.
14. CLIMBING HELMET. It will depend of the climbing route, as norm we always recommend its use.
15. ROPE. Summit Karakoram provides you the ropes needed on our climbing trips.
16. ASCENDER DEVICE or T-blocks are optional but recommended.
17. MASK. Polypropylene or silk masks are recommended for the cold conditions on the high altitude mountains, they can be improved with a neoprene mask.