Diran is located in the Rakaposhi-Haramosh Range in the western Karakoram. Viewed from the Hunza Valley, Diran is a gentle pyramid and is considered to be the second easiest 7000m peak in the Karakoram after Spantik, although it has a reputation for avalanches. The Karakoram Highway runs up the Hunza Valley and gives easy access to the mountain.
The first attempt on Diran was from Hunza, up the north face and west ridge. Two climbers disappeared high on the mountain. Two more expeditions failed before the mountain was first climbed by Austrians Rainer Goschl, Rudolf Pischinger and Hanns Schell in 1968 by the north face route. This route has since been climbed by a number of expeditions, more expeditions have failed and a fair number of climbers have died.
Doug Scott’s team made the first alpine-style ascent of Diran in 1985. Another alpine-style ascent was made in 1989, without using porters to base camp.
Diran got a second route in 1993 when the northeast ridge was climbed and in 1996 the mountain was climbed from the south.
|1||Arrive Islamabad international airport & Transfer to Hotel||HOTEL|
|2||Briefing in Alpine club of Pakistan rest of day sightseeing to Islamabad Margala Hills||HOTEL|
|3||Fly to Gilgit via PK-607 Or Drive from Islamabad - Chilas though KKH/ Babusar top Nanran valley||HOTEL|
|4||Drive from Chilas - Minapin village or Drive from Gilgit to Minapin village||GUEST HOUSE|
Trek from Minapin village - Rakaposhi Base camp
|6||Trek from Rakaposhi base camp - Diran Base camp||CAMPING|
|7||CLIMBING PERIOD (28 DAYS) ||CAMPING|
|36||Trek down from Diran Base camp - Taghaphari||CAMPING|
|37||Trek down from Taghaphri - Minapin village & Drive to Gilgit||HOTEL|
|38||Fly to Islamabad via PK 608 OR Drive from Gilgit - Islamabad via Naran valley / KKH||HOTEL|
|39||Islamabad de-briefing and final farewell dinner||HOTEL|
|40||Onward to your own Destination (END OF OUR SERVICES). ||FLY OUT|
1. All Airport pick and drop
2. Both ways air fare between Islamabad – Gilgit – Islamabad.
3. Transportation briefing, debriefing and sightseeing.
4. Transportation between Islamabad – chilas – Nagar - Gilgit
5. Three nights’ Accommodation, twin bed room in Islamabad (bed & breakfast)
6. One night Minapin Guest house with full board.
7. Two nights in Gilgit Hotel with full board.
8. Two nights in Chilas Hotel with full board.
9. Local staff Wages, insurance, food and equipment.
10. Low porters to carry expedition and trekking equipment, foods.
11. Way up 75kg each climbing members.
12. Way down 50kg each climbing members.
13. All trekking and base camp foods.
14. Comfortable members tent, Mess tent, Kitchen tent, store tent, office tent,toilet tent, table, chairs & kitchen utensils.
15. Assistance for Reconfirmation of international flight tickets.
16. All Camping fees, road taxes & bridge crossing fee.
17. Low Porters Equipment’s.
18. Documentation & climbing permit
19. Royalty fee and additional member fee
1. Member international flight tickets
2. Helicopter emergency rescue fees (refundable if not use, it is now US$15000/-
3. Members any climbing gears
4. Member personal insurance
5. High altitude tent
6. High altitude food
7. High altitude porter
8. Sleeping bag and all personal expenses such as telephone calls, fax, email charges, liquor or soft drinks,
9. Room service, gratuities for personal services, items of a purely personal nature
10. Custom clearing charges (import and export of equipments)
11. EPI gas and oxygen cylinder
12. Any unforeseen expenses (just like road block extra hotel stay or if members stay more days at Base Camp) then members will be pay according to the numbers of days basses.
13. Trekking members and climbing member will come together. If any/some member split during the period then there extra expenses will be charged according to normal price
|1||LINER GLOVES||1 PAIR|
|2||FLEECE OR WOOL MITTENS||1 PAIR|
|3||GORE-TEX OR SIMILAR OVER MITTS||1 PAIR|
|4||SKI GLOVES||1 PAIR|
|5||LIGHT-WEIGHT SOCKS||2 PAIR|
|6||HEAVY-WEIGHT SOCKS||2 PAIR|
|7||HAT OR CAP FOR THE SUN ||1 PIECE|
|8||FLEECE HAT OR BALACLAVA||1 PIECE|
|9||POLYPROPYLENE TOPS||2 PAIRS|
|10||LONG SLEEVE SHIRTS ||2 PAIRS|
|11||FLEECE JACKET||1 PIECE|
|12||WINDPROOF GORE-TEX OR SIMILAR PARKA||1 PIECE|
|13||DOWN JACKET||1 PIECE|
|14||LIGHT HIKING PANTS||1 PIECE|
|15||FLEECE PANTS ||1 PIECE|
|16||WINDPROOF GORE-TEX OR SIMILAR PANTS ||1 PAIR|
|17||SYNTHETIC UNDERWEAR TOPS AND BOTTOMS||2 PAIRS|
|18||GLACIER GLASSES OR EQUIVALENT ||1 PIECE|
|19||SKI GOGGLES||1 PIECE|
|20||PLASTIC MOUNTAINEERING BOOTS||1 PAIR|
|21||TREKKING BOOT||1 PAIR|
|22||GAITERS OR SUPER GAITERS||1 PAIR|
|23||REUSABLE HAND WARMERS||1 PACK|
|24||SANDALS OR TEVAS ||1 PAIR|
|25||PERSONAL HYGIENE AND FIRST AID KITS||1 PIECE|
|26||POCKET KNIFE||1 PIECE|
|27||BATTERIES FOR HEAD LAMP||6 PA|
|28||TRAVEL LOG AND PEN||2 PIECE|
|29||CAMERA, FILM, ETC ||1 SET|
|30||DRY QUICK TOWEL||1 PIECE|
|31||SUN BLOCK ||1 PIECE|
|32||ICE AXE OR PILOT||1 PIECE|
|33|| CRAMPONS ||1 PAIR|
|34||HEADLAMP WITH SPARE BULB AND BATTERIES||1 PIECE|
|35||SLEEPING BAG (-20°C||1 PIECE|
|36||THERMAREST OR SLEEPING MAT||1 PIECE|
|37|| SKI OR HIKING POLES||1 PAIR|
|38||NALGENE TYPE WIDE MOUTH BOTTLE||1 PIECE|
|40||PEE BOTTLE ||1 PIECE|